Looking for a romantic way to spend an evening that’s also eco-friendly? Don’t worry, we’re not prescribing a date at a recycling facility to sort bottles and newspapers (although that’s a fantastic idea for many!). What we’ve come up with, however, is a quick list of some great, green, spring, date ideas that will see you and your sweetheart straight through to summer.
- Take your sweetie outdoors and spread out a big blanket for a romantic picnic. Check out our blog post for tips for an eco-friendly picnic.
- Using locally sourced, organic ingredients, you love birds can get into the kitchen and put together an eco-friendly, romantic meal. Here are ten tips for eco-friendly cooking.
- Looking for a date idea that doesn’t feel so serious? Take a walk one Sunday morning to your neighborhood farmer’s market. We like this outing for a first date because if things don’t go so well, you’ve still got a sac full of fresh produce to take home. And if things go great? Well then, you’ve got the ingredients for a romantic dinner (see #2, above!).
- Enjoy the outdoors while the weather is on its best behavior. Go for a hike, a casual stroll through the park or a long walk on the beach. It won’t cost you or the environment a thing.
- Guys, if you want to make the lady in your life (and all of her friends) say “awwww,” break out the shovel and plant something together – tell her you want to watch your flowers/succulents/trees/shrubs grow, just like your love.
- Disconnect from the rest of the world and connect with your honey. Turn off your phones, computers, television and even the lights and enjoy each other’s company and a bottle of organic wine by candlelight.
- Things getting a bit more serious? Escape from it all with an eco-friendly camping trip. You’ll cuddle up in a sleeping bag, gaze at the stars and connect with each other and the environment.
- Get together at a nearby park for a green workout together. A couple of calorie-burning calisthenics and cardio routines with your healthy partner will really get your heart pumping!
- Watching movies is the tried and true date night. These days, the trick is to make seeing a movie together a green routine! Whether you stay home and watch a streaming movie or head out to the theater to catch a flick, use these tips to make sure it’s an environmentally responsible evening.