Learning & Development
At Just Energy we take Learning & Development seriously. We invest strongly in this area as we believe employee development is the cornerstone of our success. We have a comprehensive collection of programs that are led by certified trainers.
Certified Contact Centre Professionals Program (CCCPro™):
The Certified Contact Centre Professional Program ™ is a specialized series of training courses offered to registered Just Energy Group employees who are participating in the Ontario Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities (MTCU) Apprenticeship Program.
- This (Ontario, Canada) government-recognized program provides certification from MTCU and Just Energy Corp and National Home Services.
- Just Energy provides registration bonuses to successfully enrolled eligible participants.
- Apprentices who complete the program are offered a lucrative cash completion bonus by the MTCU.
- Just Energy supports all participants for on-the-job and off-the-job training requirements.
Aspire to Management Program (AMP):
- One of the most important success factors in developing a successful organization is our front line managers. Our Aspire to Management Program aims to identify and develop early on in their career, those individuals who demonstrate foundational skills of front line managers.
- Over a period of ten months, participants attend monthly, full-day workshops while they complete online courses and job-related activities between sessions. The workshop, courses and activities are all designed to develop the capabilities to be a successful manager. This includes management fundamentals of coaching and feedback, team motivation, decision making, and developing a business-focused attitude and mindset.
- AMP graduates become part of a contingent of candidates who are eligible to be considered for future management positions.
Leadership Excellence & Advancement Program (LEAP™):
- Our leaders set the course for our future! Of course, this starts by identifying and growing this developing group of high potential management staff to become our future leaders, who will take Just Energy into the future.
- The program involves an intensive eight month MBA-quality program comprised of a multitude of learning methods, subjects and management disciplines.
- The program is deployed through classroom theory and practice, self directed learning, field practice, coaching opportunities, and on-site and retreat-based learning environments. It also covers areas of finance, operations, strategy, human resources, business planning and execution, and resource optimization.
- A true highlight of this program is the exposure to guest speaker lectures delivered by Executive leaders, industry experts, and pioneers of industry.
- The learning opportunities culminate through team-based project work with Executive leadership sponsors on real life company issues.
- Multi-disciplined project teams collaborate to analyze business opportunities, determine viable business strategies, and ultimately present their recommendations to our Executive team, followed by a graduation ceremony.
- Our E-Learning Library platform is one of our greatest training investments and is comprised of thousands of certificate-level and proprietary knowledge libraries.
- These training programs cover a wide range of courses including new employee orientation to self development, leadership development, Microsoft office, customer focus, product knowledge and proprietary learning programs. And, that's just a few subject areas.
- This platform is available to many of our colleagues at home and at work, allowing them to explore areas of interest for their current and future development conveniently.
Career Development Planning (CDP):
Just Energy has developed a comprehensive approach to Career Development which is designed to assist employees in achieving their future career goals.
- Career and professional development is an ongoing process of aligning individual development plans with organizational business plans.
- The 6-step career development process is both a self-directed and interactive effort between an employee and their manager who may work together to determine these goals and objectives, and to create a career-focused development plan geared towards building the skills, knowledge and experiences necessary for employees to excel in their current position, move to other developmental positions, and grow professionally.
Peer to Peer Cross Training:
- We encourage our colleagues to share their wealth of knowledge and expertise through their work.
- Whether through project-based learning, technical skills-based cross-training, or facilitated sessions with subject matter experts, we aim to ensure that our colleagues are continuously developing new skills and capabilities to meet the needs of our ever changing industry and to deploy emerging best practices and technologies that support our continued growth and expansion.
Corporate Learning Team & Corporate Learning Centre:
Our emerging Corporate Learning team is hard at work developing and delivering a Corporate Learning Calendar that supplies a vast array of valuable real-time training opportunities to meet the changing needs of our organization.
This team focuses on developing skill-specific learning opportunities such as communications delivery, change management, conflict resolution, leadership development, employee engagement, interview skills, and team-focused interpersonal skills development sessions.
Tuition Reimbursement Program:
Our commitment to learning never stops! While we deliver a wide array of learning initiatives to our colleagues through our Learning & Development team, we recognize that not all disciplines and skills can be facilitated internally. For pre-qualified courses and at management discretion, staff is eligible for reimbursement of tuition costs following successful completion of business specific programs that support future capability.